Omar stopped by Channel 4's Sunday Brunch on the 11th of June, 2017. Here is the recipe for this delicious dish made with cod, peas, courgette and Mallorcan soft chorizo spread, also know as 'Sobrasada'. This delicious spread is made with different cuts of pork loin and bacon mixed with plenty of paprika, salt and other spices. The mix is then placed in a sausage casing (traditionally coming from the pig as well) and left to cure in the open air, making it ready for consumption whiteout the need for cooking once this process is finished.
If you can't find sobrasada you could also use a good quality cured Spanish chorizo or the similar Italian 'Soppressata'.
Bacalao con SALSA VERDE Y Sobrasada
Pan fried cod with salsa verde and soft chorizo spread
- 1 x 200g loin of cod (skin on)
- 50g peas
- 50g courgette
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of flour
- 30g sobrasada
- 25ml of dry sherry wine (like fino)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 spring onion
- 1 shot of fish stock
- zest of 1 lemon
1. In a pan over high heat pan fry on the skin side the seasoned loin of cod. After 4 minutes turn the side and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
2. In a separate pan over medium heat start by adding a good drizzle of olive oil and the sliced garlic and spring onion. Follow with the sliced courgette and let it cook for a couple of minutes. Add the peas followed by a teaspoon of flour, sauté for a few seconds.
3. Pour the dry sherry and flambé. After a few seconds pour in the fish stock and season.
4. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes and add the sobrasada in small chunks just before plating it up, so that they warm up and start melting on the plate.
5. Place the loin of cod on top of the peas, zest a little bit of lemon on top and serve.